Let’s talk about 2017!
So me and my dad are both going to write down what moves the Mets are going to make this off season, as well as what the 25 man roster will look like on opening day, and see who has a more accurate prediction list. I thought I’d share mine with my lovely readers 🙂
Off Season Moves
- Mets will offer Neil Walker some kind of contract, and he will take it (and I will be the happiest girl in the whole world)
- We will never see De Aza in a Mets uniform ever again. EVER again. BYE.
- Mets will happily decline Jon Niese’s option. BYE.
- Mets will resign Bartolo Colon
- Something will happen with d’Arnaud. I’m not sure what just yet, but something is going to happen with d’Arnaud.
- Mets will not resign James Loney
- Mets will resign Jerry Blevins
- Cespedes will opt out, the Mets will offer him something else, and I think he will take it.
- Mets will resign Jose Reyes
- Mets will not resign Fernando Salas, and Lugo or Gsellman will take over as the 7th inning/ spot starter/ long man
- I don’t think the Mets will resign Kelly Johnson
- Mets will keep Jay Bruce (I don’t think they should, but they’re gonna)
- Michael Conforto will be trained to play first base
- TJ Rivera will solidify his spot on the roster
25 Man Roster
- Jose Reyes
- Asdrubal Cabrera
- Lucas Duda
- David Wright
- Wilmer Flores
- Michael Conforto
- Jay Bruce
- Curtis Granderson
- TJ Rivera
- Neil Walker
- Jacob deGrom
- Noah Syndergaard
- Steven Matz
- Matt Harvey
- Bartolo Colon (or Zack Wheeler????)
- Yoenis Cespedes (OR Brandon Nimmo if Ces opts out all together)
- Gsellman OR Lugo
- Jerry Blevins
- Hansel Robles
- Addison Reed
- Jeryus Familia
- Josh Edgin or Josh Smoker
- Rene Rivera
- New Catcher (OR Travis d’Arnaud if they decide to keep him around)
- Juan Lagares
Comment and let me know how wrong you think I am, along with your predictions!! I’d love to hear them!
Stay tuned for a post with my dads predictions!